CURRENTLY OUT OF VACCINES.
We are currently not scheduled for another shipment of vaccines. Check back again for more info.
COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments
Per New York State directive, vaccines will be offered first to employees, providers, residents in line with the expectations set forth in the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) prioritization matrix.
As strictly put forth by NYSDOH, Niagara Falls Urgent Care will vaccinate only one-third (1/3) of a workplace at a time to ensure that there is more than adequate staff coverage. Vaccines will be a two-part process, which will be 28 days apart.
- You must make your appointment for your first dose and second dose at the same time
- You will receive emails to remind you about your appointment for your second dose
- You must receive both doses at the same location
- You will be monitored for 15 minutes post vaccination
You will NOT be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if:
- You have an active COVID-19 infection
- You have had COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You are on quarantine for COVID-19 infection or exposure
- You have a history of severe allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in the vaccine
- If you are pregnant or nursing, check with your provider
- If you are immunocompromised, check with your provider
- If you have a history of anaphylaxis, you will require 30 minutes of observation following your vaccine
Important Vaccination Forms
COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment Form – Please complete OUR form in order to be put on our waiting list.
COVID-19 Immunization Screening and Consent Form – Please complete this form and bring it with you to your appointment
COVID-19 Vaccine Form – Please complete this self-reported demographic form prior to receiving your vaccine. Bring proof of completion.
Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers: The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine – For your information.