Migraine Treatment Questions and Answers
Do you have that nagging migraine that won’t go away? Is your migraine stopping you from enjoying life? If you suffer from migraines, then book an appointment with Niagara Falls Urgent Care and our team of doctors and healthcare specialists in Niagara Falls NY, will help find the right solution to treat your migraines. For more information, please call us.
Table of Content:
That severe throbbing pain or pulsing sensation on one side of the head is typically a sign of one thing: a migraine. A migraine is a neurological condition that is characterized as intense and debilitating headaches, and symptoms typically include vomiting, numbness or tingling, sensitivity to light and sound, and nausea. Do you suffer from migraines? Our team at Niagara Falls Urgent Care are open 6 days a week and will help treat your migraines. There are solutions and our leading team of doctors and healthcare specialists will work with you in providing the best treatment.
You know if you have a migraine – it is painful and can negatively affect your daily routine, even sleep. Over the years, more research on the problem is yielding some positive results and giving many people new-found hope. Here are some quick migraine hacks:
– Use a cold pack (ice cubes in a towel, frozen vegetables in a bag, or a cold shower) to help ease the pain.
– Dim the lights or wear shades to avoid flickering or bright lights.
– Tackle your stress – steady calmness doesn’t bring on migraines.
– Avoid scents that might set off your migraine.
– Aromatherapy in oil form can be applied to your temples or inside of the wrist and will help dull a migraine or headache.
– Turning up the heat in a steamy shower or bath will help ease the tension of tight muscles that might add to your migraine pain.
– Cool down with a cold pack around your neck when your migraine hits as colder blood may help reduce swelling and dull pain.
– Drink lots of water (at least 16 ounces) to stay hydrated (dehydration is a big migraine trigger).
– Have an orgasm: it releases endorphins that act like natural painkillers, according to some researchers.
If these solutions do not work, then see a doctor at Niagara Falls Urgent Care, as they can help you on the road to recovery.
Cold pads and water are known to be some effective treatments for migraines. At the same time, medications are proven as the most effective treatments. They include pain-relieving medication, and preventative medications that will help reduce the frequency or severity of migraines. Pain relivers can be as simple as over-the-counter or prescriptions like aspirin or ibuprofen. Preventative medications involve dealing with the root cause of the problem and include blood pressure lowering medications, antidepressants, anti-seizure drugs, and Botox injections.
While there is no one-pill or one-hack solution that will cure a migraine headache, there are lots of solutions that will help treat and prevent them. Migraines are treatable and they can be reduced with proper treatment with your doctor. Having a migraine is not considered life-threatening, however, it can cause serious disruptions as the pain can interfere with our everyday life. Your best option is to see your doctor who will prescribe you with medication for relief and preventative drugs.
Researchers admit that migraines are a bit of a mystery, and possible causes, which don’t have a definitive explanation, include:
– An underlying central nervous disorder.
– Irregularities in the vascular system, or the brain’s blood vessel system.
– Abnormalities of nerve pathways or brain chemicals.
– A genetic predisposition.
You should always consult with your doctor on the best treatment for your migraines. Sure, it’s great to utilize home remedies as they do work, but in more extreme cases a healthcare provider is your best option on the solutions front.
Niagara Falls Urgent Care is conveniently located at 3117 Military Road Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY 14304, and we are here to help treat your migraines. Call us directly to book an appointment. Our office hours are Mon – Fri: 9am – 7pm, and Sat: 9am – 5pm.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY NEED