Headache Treatment Clinic in Niagara Falls, NY
A headache is distinguished by pain in the head or face. There are various forms of headaches, the most frequent of which being tension headaches. If you are suffering from a severe headache then visit Niagara Falls Urgent Care. Our doctors are experienced in treating headaches. For more information, please contact us or book your appointment online. Walk-ins are welcomed. We are conveniently located at 3117 Military Road Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY 14304.
Table of Contents:
Headaches are the most common neurological condition and affect almost everyone at some point throughout their life. In most cases, headaches are minor and have mild symptoms that go away within a few hours, but they can also be severe with excruciating pain that makes it hard to complete even the simplest of tasks. Recurrent headaches are a sign of an underlying medical problem that should be evaluated by a headache specialist right away.
Because headaches are considered a neurological condition, they are often treated by neurologists. However, several other kinds of medical professionals specialize in treating headaches, including chiropractors. You may visit a different kind of doctor because it also depends on the cause of your headache.
There are several signs and symptoms of headaches that indicate it is time to see a specialist, including:
• Headaches that occur more often than usual
• Headaches that are more severe than usual
• Symptoms that worsen or do not improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen or aspirin
• Pain so intense it disrupts sleep, interferes with work, and/or makes it difficult to participate in normal activities
• Symptoms that cause regular or persistent distress
If you are experiencing any of the aforementioned symptoms and want to better control your headaches with proven treatment options, you may benefit from seeing a headache specialist.
Headache pain may be serious if it:
• Is sudden and very intense
• Is severe or sharp
• Is a new type of pain
• Accompanies a stiff neck and fever
• Accompanies a fever higher than 104°F
• Occurs alongside nausea and vomiting
• Occurs alongside a nosebleed
• Causes fainting
• Causes dizziness or loss of balance
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, it is imperative to seek immediate medical attention, as they could indicate a serious medical situation.
Almost all types of headaches activate the same kind of pain receptors which can make it difficult to know whether headache pain is a sign of a serious condition or not. Serious causes of headache pain include:
• Hemorrhagic (Bleeding) Stroke — A hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood vessel in the brain breaks and bleeds; it is considered a medical emergency.
• Aneurysm — A bulge or ballooning blood vessel in the brain caused by a weakening of the arterial wall, an aneurysm is a serious medical emergency that must be addressed immediately.
• Meningitis — When the protective lining of the brain, known as the meninges, becomes infected, it is called meningitis, which is often the result of a bacterial or viral infection. This causes swelling in the meninges, and can present severe headache pain.
• Brain Tumor — A primary brain tumor, which begins in the brain, can cause serious headache symptoms; these tumors can be either cancerous or noncancerous.
All of the causes of headaches listed above are serious medical emergencies that should be addressed as soon as possible; if you are experiencing symptoms related to any of these conditions, seek immediate medical attention.
Visit Niagara Falls Urgent Care, if you are experiencing headache. To speak with one of our specialists, contact our office today. Visit us online or simply contact us to book an appointment. We are conveniently located at 3117 Military Road Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY 14304. Walk-ins are welcome! We serve patients from Niagara Falls NY, Lewiston NY, Sanborn NY, Walmore NY, Tonawanda NY, Sanborn NY, Model City NY, Youngstown NY, Ransomville NY, and Grand Island NY.