Red Light Therapy Clinic in Niagara Falls, NY
Red light therapy is a non-invasive and painless type of light therapy that penetrates the skin with a particular type of light to encourage healing and rejuvenation. Red light therapy reduces inflammation, enhances circulation, and improves skin health. Red light therapy is used to improve the tone and texture of the skin and to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for cosmetic reasons. Dr. Santanu Som, MD, and his team offer top red light therapy services. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 3117 Military Road Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY 14304.
Table of Contents:
What does red light therapy do?
What are the benefits of red light therapy?
Who should avoid red light therapy?
Who is a good candidate for red light therapy?
What happens if you use red light therapy every day?
Red and near-infrared light is used in red light therapy, which is a non-invasive method of healing and stimulating cell function. Red light therapy is also referred to as low-level laser therapy or photobiomodulation. Low-level light wavelengths are used in the process to penetrate the skin and initiate a variety of biological processes. Red light therapy is an effective treatment for a range of concerns and offers plentiful benefits such as reduced inflammation and pain, improved circulation, and healthier skin.
There are many benefits of red light therapy that have been discovered, including:
• Improved skin health – Red light therapy can lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve the texture of the skin, and encourage the production of collagen.
• Reduced inflammation – The treatment reduces swelling and inflammation, which is beneficial for conditions such as arthritis, muscle strains, and other injuries.
• Decreased pain – Red light therapy can be used to treat a variety of chronic pain conditions, such as back pain, neck pain, and joint pain.
• Improved circulation – Red light treatment supports the improvement of circulation, which is beneficial for conditions such as diabetes, peripheral artery disease, and other circulatory disorders.
• Hair growth – This therapy can be helpful for conditions such as alopecia and hair loss as it promotes hair growth.
• Reduced acne – Red light therapy can be used to improve acne as it decreases inflammation and improves skin texture.
• Improved sleep – Red light treatment can improve sleep quality by regulating the circadian rhythm and promoting relaxation.
• Enhanced immune function – Red light therapy has been found to boost immune function.
• Reduced symptoms of fibromyalgia – Red light therapy has been found to alleviate the pain and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia.
While red light therapy is a safe treatment, certain groups of people may need to avoid or use caution with the treatment. These groups include:
• Pregnant women – As the safety of red light therapy during pregnancy is still being researched, pregnant women are advised to avoid the treatment.
• People with a history of skin cancer – While red light therapy is not cancer-causing, those with a history of skin cancer should inform the practitioner during the consultation.
• People with photosensitivity – Red light therapy can trigger photosensitivity in some. Prior to starting treatment, you should inform your healthcare provider if you have a history of photosensitivity.
• People taking photosensitizing medications – Certain medications can make the skin more sensitive to light, which can increase the risk of a skin reaction from the treatment. It is important to inform your healthcare provider of the medications you are currently taking at the time of your appointment.
Many different people can benefit from red light therapy, including:
• Athletes – Red light therapy can enhance athletic performance and shorten the time it takes for athletes to recover from exercise by reducing inflammation and promoting healing.
• Individuals with chronic pain – Red light therapy is used to reduce pain brought on by conditions such as arthritis, strained muscles, and other injuries.
• People with skin concerns – Red light therapy can minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture, and stimulate the production of collagen.
• Individuals with circulatory problems – Red light therapy is beneficial for those with diabetes, peripheral artery disease, and other circulatory disorders.
Using red light therapy daily can be safe and beneficial in some cases. However, it is important to follow your provider’s guidelines and not overdo the treatment. While there is no exact “ideal” frequency or duration for red light therapy, many experts advise using the treatment for a few minutes per session, a couple of times each week. Furthermore, your therapy provider will determine the most optimal frequency and duration of red light exposure for your goals.
To get the top red light therapy services, visit us today. Dr. Santanu Som, MD, and his team offer top red light therapy services at Niagara Falls Urgent Care. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 3117 Military Road, Suite 2, Niagara Falls, NY 14304. We serve patients from Niagara Falls NY, Lewiston NY, Sanborn NY, Walmore NY, Tonawanda NY, Model City NY, and Grand Island NY.